Sunday, April 26, 2009

Starting and running a succesful Martial Arts Studio?

Hello, I am a blackbelt in Tae kwon do, and have been practicing martial arts for 10 years now. I am 21 years old, and I want to open up my own martial arts school. I want to teach a Tae Kwon Do class for children, and have other instructors teach martial arts that they specialize in while renting out the school for the hour that they use.





I have purchased equipment for sparring, and practice, and have about 5 students that I currently teach in a place in which I rent time for in another school.





I am very interested in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and Judo, so I will be also wanting to purchase good martial arts or grappling mats.





Any Ideas on how to successfully start and run a good Dojo?

Starting and running a succesful Martial Arts Studio?
Let me strongly recommend that you talk to a business counselor before you do anything especially spend money. I'd call the local office of SCORE (go to http://www.score.org and input your zip code to find the chapter nearest you), the advice is FREE.





The counselor at SCORE will most likely advise you to write a business plan which is very good advice because it will force you to dig out all of the start up details and the costs of starting a good Dojo and force you to also understand all of the aspects of this business including the customers you'll concentrate on (your market ) and how you'll go after them.





You'll need to register the business with your state controller's office and make sure that you have any city and county licenses if any are needed where you live. All of this will come out in a business plan.





Try this link :


http://www.ychange.com/small-business-co... and read some of the articles especially the ones about a business plan and starting a business.


Good Luck
Reply:If you were taught at a McDojo please don't teach kids because in the future they'll open a McDojo and then their students will open a McDojo but... if you really want to.... then Good luck


No comments:

Post a Comment